Can anyone figure out what's going on?

eolas

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
I presume you are running reaver with the flags. -K 1 -f which feeds it into pixiewps automatically

try doing it manually,

pixiewps -e <pke> -r <pkr> -s <e-hash1> -z <e-hash2> -a <authkey> -n <e-nonce> etc..

As you know reaver/pixie wps attacks are highly unreliable,, re-running same commands can have different results...

toh

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
I tried running with pixiewps -e -r -s -z -a -n -f still same results

Sparton

Reaction score
Credits
I would suggest not even dealing with pixie unless you know it is a very old not updated router. Pretty much a waste of time.

toh

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
I would suggest not even dealing with pixie unless you know it is a very old not updated router. Pretty much a waste of time.
Then how can I crack WPS if I don't use pixiewps? That's the fastest way to crack a password

Sparton

Reaction score
Credits
Generally these days you do not crack WPS. Maybe in the past or on an older router, it was "the fastest way to crack a password". Currently a captured handshake or PMKID with a brute force dictionary or mask attack is probably your best option. Or you might get lucky with a MITM (fluxion type) attack.

toh

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
Generally these days you do not crack WPS. Maybe in the past or on an older router, it was "the fastest way to crack a password". Currently a captured handshake or PMKID with a brute force dictionary or mask attack is probably your best option. Or you might get lucky with a MITM (fluxion type) attack.
Can you help me to run pixiewps?

wakawaka

Reaction score
Credits
is your device using rt2800usb driver in linux? if so google for issues with latest pixiewps on github and try another device which uses a different driver

Dawbs

Staff member
Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
Can you help me to run pixiewps?
Welcome to the internet :grin: 😂

toh

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
The empty PIN, denoted with <empty> can be tested with -p "" in Reaver 1.6.1 and later. It comes from a misconfiguration of the PIN method on some Access Points which have the PIN variable set to NULL (or empty string).

Sparton

Reaction score
Credits
toh,
After almost 900 posts on this site and still treading water. Kudos to you for your efforts and determination. I know you mean well and want to learn. Version 1.6.1 of reaver was 3 years ago. Reaver is now on 1.6.6. The -p will sometimes give you the password if you have the correct pin. My understanding of reaver is that it will not give you the correct password with an empty pin.

Gold

Reaction score
Credits
After almost 900 posts on this site and still treading water. Kudos to you for your efforts and determination. I know you mean well and want to learn.
we need more like toh with cracker status on this board

Sparton

Reaction score
Credits
Gold,
Some day you may attain "cracker status" like toh. Albeit with your non-productive posts. At least he means well and has good intentions. Pity, this "cracker status" is based on those who post alot, and not on the content of their contributions to the site . There is an old saying, those that talk a lot usually say little. Today, I happened to be reading your first few posts from back in early February. No need to say more.
Embrace the site Gold , contribute to the common goal, and enjoy. Be proactive, the guys here are pretty friendly. Never know, you might like it. :)

Gold

Reaction score
Credits
Unlike you, I always find toh posts very interesting and informative
Embrace the site Sparton and try not dismiss the cracker status toh has earned