Hashcat hashcat.launcher is available! (an alternative to hashcatGUI)

Lagx65

haha hash machine go brrrrr
Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
Now Available: v0.4.0

[0.4.0] - 21/12/2020
Changed:
- Search for hashtypes by hashcat mode (name and id)
- Tasks Journals now hold all the info

Added:
- Notifications Feature
- Priority Feature
- Restore Feature
- Get Info about a task
- Skip/Bypass an attack

IMPORTANT:
If you are upgrading from an older version make sure to go to Options and in Extra Args and remove: "--restore-disable" in order to make the restore feature work for new tasks.

Download release: https://github.com/s77rt/hashcat.launcher/releases/tag/v0.4.0
Awesome job man, a great tool you've made here and I'm looking forward to using this newest update!

foordeluxe

Reaction score
Credits
New Version!

v0.5.0 is now available

https://github.com/s77rt/hashcat.launcher/releases/

The new update mainly focuses on the UI

The app is now much more cleaner and easier to use.
I don't have so big monitor, so I needed to change the scaling because it was bigger than my monitor. I really like the new UI.
Is there another theme too? Light, Dark, and some text below that I can't see.

Here is the screenshot taken in Linux, I can see a text below Dark but not much. https://i.postimg.cc/DzWpRWkq/hashcatlauncher-text.png

hashC.co.uk

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
I don't have so big monitor, so I needed to change the scaling because it was bigger than my monitor. I really like the new UI.
Is there another theme too? Light, Dark, and some text below that I can't see.

Here is the screenshot taken in Linux, I can see a text below Dark but not much. https://i.postimg.cc/DzWpRWkq/hashcatlauncher-text.png
There is only two themes (Light and Dark) the text you see is just a rendering issue...
Can you set the scaling back to 100% and send a full screenshot? and what scaling value you are setting now?
Please check the following screen record to see how it's supposed to look like and if you are getting a similar view

foordeluxe

Reaction score
Credits
I tested with 100% scale.
With Light theme activated there is no text below the Dark text in the dropdown menu.
If I use Dark theme I can see text below the Dark text in the dropdown menu.
I guess this could be rendering issue.

The UI is good, but a bit too big for people with not so big monitors.
I found out on Github that someone needed to change scaling to 50%, If I do that I can't see the UI so much. But I can run this new UI at scaling 80%.

hashC.co.uk

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
With Light theme activated there is no text below the Dark text in the dropdown menu.

I found out on Github that someone needed to change scaling to 50%, If I do that I can't see the UI so much. But I can run this new UI at scaling 80%.
Fun fact: the text you see in themes (as a third theme) is actually not related to the select widget at all, it's just the text that is in the back (probably the scaling value, but the text is cut by the widget selector) it's visible on both light and dark themes but it's more spot-able in dark theme... anyway this is not an issue...

Okay thanks for the feedback, I will work on a patch for the scaling issue asap

Dawbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Credits

Just a thought, It may help to say the monitor size / resolution you use.

hashC.co.uk

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
a patch is now available; v0.5.1
tested with a 1920x1080 display (windows scaling: 100%); app scaling 100% is working well
and with 1920x1080 display (windows scaling: 125%); app scaling works better at 95% (or 90%) (100% may seems a little buggy)
and also tested with 1920x1080 display (linux scaling: 100%): app scaling 100% is working well too
I have also added more scaling options for a nicer adjustment.

the ui has been slightly modified.

download v0.5.1:

flyinghaggis

Reaction score
Credits
Hi I had a look at this last year sometime, but never got around to actually trying anything.
Well today I have.
One criticism is in the dictionary selection tab. I would lke to be able to select several files
from an existing folder using left click and either ctrl for individual files not necessarily together
in the column or shift to select several files that are. I would like to see this method for the
select dictionaries pane also as apposed to having to click every file you want added to
the selected dictionaries pane.

Also is it possible to implement something similar to blandy's Hashcat Gui where the type
of hash once loaded is automatically selected in the hash type field i.e. if hash file contain oscommerce
then hash type field updates to 21 without have to manually select it. I know this only works selectively
in blandy's hashcatgui (not a criticism merely an observation) but it would be a nice touch if you could not
only implement but perhaps improve upon the hash type recognition.l

hashC.co.uk

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
@flyinghaggis

A.1: Selecting multiple files using the file dialog is not currently supported (external library limit)
A.2: Adding multiple files to the selected dictionaries without having to click on every individual file: see the screenshot below, does this solve your issue?
Screenshot from 2021-04-04 15-01-17.png
The two new added buttons can be used as a shortcut to both add dictionaries to your collection and as well in the selected dictionaries table.

B: It does not seem to be worth it because you can't tell a hash type just by the hash value.

flyinghaggis

Reaction score
Credits
I have tried to get this running but for some reason avg keeps flagging it
and after numerous restarts the powershell is blocked due to idp.helu.pse23 - commandline detection
I have checked with virustotal and this has never been reported as malicious
have you come accross it while developing/compiling this exe

flyinghaggis

Reaction score
Credits
@flyinghaggis

A.2: Adding multiple files to the selected dictionaries without having to click on every individual file: see the screenshot below, does this solve your issue?
View attachment 16462
The two new added buttons can be used as a shortcut to both add dictionaries to your collection and as well in the selected dictionaries table.

I think that would..
one other thing I noticed by accident - I selected the wrong folder when adding rules
as a result the rules pane was full of useless files unrelated to rules - how can we delete files
rules we don't need from this pane

hashC.co.uk

Cracker
Reaction score
Credits
@flyinghaggis
I have no idea about the anti-virus issue you are facing... (it seems to be common)
Regarding on how to remove added files, at the moment I don't have in mind a proper way to do it, but this has has been noted